Hands On Eco-Expedition
Captain Barry's Back Bay Cruises
Hands On, Feet Wet - ALL YOUR SENSES Fun
Captain Barry's Back Bay Cruises is an INTERACTIVE skill building experience. We are a FLOATING CLASSROOM and RESEARCH VESSEL.
- Dig in the mud for sea creatures at a sandbar
- Pull Crab Pots and identify and see today's catch
- Hold a Crab without getting pinched!
- Navigate to Shell Island to collect shells
- Hunt for jellyfish
- Haul in the trawler net
- Learn about how oysters grow and get a taste of the world famous Chincoteague salt oysters
- Identify the many birds
Your Guide: Capt. Barry has been called the "Indiana Jones of Chincoteague". Captain Barry has been operating his eco-tours for more than 30 years. Forbes Magazine describes Captain Barry as, "a whirlwind of energy and an encyclopedia of Chincoteague wildlife. He keeps the tours limited to six, so he can “crawl around on his hands and knees” with every passenger."
Tours run for two hours. Reservations are required.
Adults: $60.00. Kids under 12: $55.00
This is not a pony watching tour
Cash or personal checks are accepted. No credit cards.
6 Passengers Max Per Cruise (Bathroom on Board)